Name: Stefanie LeGrande
- Occupation: Full-time faculty
- Which class do you usually attend? 9:30 AM
- Favorite WOD: Murph because he was a true warrior and exhibited selfless courage. It’s also a long WOD that truly makes you think about why you are participating.
- Favorite Lift: Overhead Squat
- How long have you been CrossFitting? 2 years
- What keeps you coming back?
The people and seeing small improvements all the time, feeling strong and fit.
- How did you find CrossFit?
I began my fitness journey with boxing and knew after a while I needed variety and something to help build muscle.
- How did you end up at CNB?
Well….the people, I knew a lot of our members from the former gym and knew I wanted to continue to be a part of this fit family.
- What is your athletic background?
Well, I did not have an athletic background growing up, so my fitness journey really only began with crossfit.
- How has CrossFit changed your life, lifestyle and level of fitness?
It has enabled me to keep my weight in check and feel so much better. Two and a half years ago I was 100 pounds heavier. CrossFit has helped reduce my stress levels and given me a sense of inner strength and honed my discipline in everyday life.
- What is the One Thing you have done here that you never thought you could do?
Finally break the 100# barrier with my Power Clean and the 200# barrier with my Deadlift.
- What motivates/inspires you?
Seeing all levels of fitness in our gym, having my coaches and friends continue to push me. Knowing that if I keep on working hard I will continue to surprise myself.
- What is your proudest CrossFit achievement?
Finally competing at a Novice level. Hitting and surpassing my goals at this level. Since I never competed in any fitness event this was a big deal to me.
- Name one goal/personal achievement that you would like to achieve through CrossFit?
I want to be able to do all the movements to compete scaled.
- What goals have you achieved in CrossFit?
As I mentioned earlier achieving a clean over a 100# and deadlift over 200#, and competing. Also, getting stronger. Being able to hike and play with Morgan, and setting an example to both my kids.
- Hobbies/interests outside of CrossFit?
Church, I hope to do more Rucking, riding my horse again.
- Tell me about your diet: Primarily Paleo, clean eating
- Any advice for new members?
Whatever you do make getting to the gym a priority, don’t stop and find tiny areas to push yourself a little bit further every week.
- Coaches thoughts: I always enjoy having Stephanie in a class, she isn’t into bs and never makes excuses. She is adamant about her mental fortitude as well as having personal goals to strive for inside and outside of the gym. Steph is very intelligent, recently obtaining her Doctorate degree, but can still carry on a casual conversation along with a laugh. She has come a long way in her CrossFit journey, being more mobile than I’ve ever seen her, and my next personal goal for her is to jump on a 20” box again. I appreciate her hard work and wonder what her next achievement will be now that her doctorate is behind her. Thanks for all that you do, and for being a member of the Never Broken Family.